Chapter 4

Rae

"Don't worry about it Rae, you're gonna find great new friends." my brother said.
"Could you be more insensitive?" my sister snapped. "Can't you see our little sis is going through a very difficult time!"
"I'm just trying to comfort her." my brother said sheepishly.
My sister rolled her eyes at him.
"Wow, you're doing a great job..." she said sarcastically.
Then she hugged me.

My brother mumbled something about letters and e-mails.
"You can still keep in contact. You can chat and Skype... and what else...?"
He thought really hard for a long time.
I had to laugh.
"Hey, don't hurt yourself." I giggled. "Thinkin' ain't your thing."
He snapped his fingers like he always does when he gets a bright idea.
"Facebook! And cell phones! You and Riley can still see each other every day! Even if it's not in real life..."
"Yeah, but it's not the same..." I sighed. "But thanks for trying to cheer me up. I really appreciate it."
"Any time, half-pint." my brother said.
I smiled and gave my brother a hug.

*

2 comments:

The Darkest Night said...

Great story! Can't wait to read more about Rae & Riley! Looking forward to getting to know them better, they seem like really sweet kids! I hope they are able to stay friends in spite of Rae leaving...

Dakota Quinn Diamond said...

Awww thanks! I'm so happy to hear you like the story! :D